abbycardshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abby Sports and Collectibles

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Regenerate vs Shoud

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam

Regenerate vs Shoud Empty
PostSubject: Regenerate vs Shoud   Regenerate vs Shoud EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 11:54 pm

If I cast Vines of Vastwood on a creature in response to that creature activating it's regeneration ability does the shroud prevent the regeneration?

Quote :
702.16. Shroud

702.16a Shroud is a static ability. "Shroud" means "This permanent or player can't be the target of spells or abilities."

I'm not sure. I don't think Regenerate has a target and therefore can't be prevented by shroud. My guess is that the Vines would not affect regeneration.

Quote :
701.11. Regenerate

701.11a If the effect of a resolving spell or ability regenerates a permanent, it creates a replacement effect that protects the permanent the next time it would be destroyed this turn. In this case, "Regenerate [permanent]" means "The next time [permanent] would be destroyed this turn, instead remove all damage marked on it and tap it. If it's an attacking or blocking creature, remove it from combat."
Back to top Go down
Sipherus

PostSubject: Re: Regenerate vs Shoud   Regenerate vs Shoud EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 11:00 am

Regeneration is not an ability that targets the permanent thats being regenerated.
Back to top Go down
Mythic Matt

Mythic Matt

PostSubject: Re: Regenerate vs Shoud   Regenerate vs Shoud EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 11:04 pm

If the creatures card has the regenerate ability then no, giving it shroud won't stop it from regenerating.
Giving a creature shroud won't stop the effect since the effect isn't an applied one. (Applied is from another non-permenant source)

However if the regenerate ability was played from a card such as an instant or a sorcery then you could give it shroud as an instant on the stack and it would stop that source.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regenerate vs Shoud   Regenerate vs Shoud Empty

Back to top Go down

Regenerate vs Shoud
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
abbycardshop :: Games :: Magic the Gathering :: Magic Rules & FAQs-
Jump to: