abbycardshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abby Sports and Collectibles

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Warren "The Proxy" Hallam

Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND Empty
PostSubject: Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND   Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 4:15 pm

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg%2Fdaily%2Farcana%2F521

Well probably not but I don't see how these decks could possibly be competitive without playsets of rares and mythics in them. I can't help but think that wizards will look for the top 5 cheapest competitive decks

-Rdw
-Allies
-Janky Jund

Then put maybe 2-3 of the necessary rares in with janky alternatives for the money cards (teramorphics in for fetchs etc etc)

To me this product just seems like a slightly less shitty version of the pre-cons they release each set. With duel decks having 2 mythics for 20$ who knows maybe they'll be some decent shit in these, I mean there are commons like lightning bolt and mana leak that are strong enough that having playsets of these can give almost any deck a fighting chance...maybe.

Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND   Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Holy cynicism Batman!

With so little information given, it's hard to have any opinions on this (distant) future product. A sideboard and strat guide included is a step up from starter decks at least.

If the decks are weak, they will sit on store shelves unopened. If the decks are exact copies of competitive level decks, and cost $500-$1000, they will sit on shelves as well. Imagine though, if this is a stab by Wizards to control secondary market prices of rare (mythic) singles. A blue control deck featuring a single JTMS and 74 other cheap staple cards retailing for $39.99 for example. A RDW deck featuring the 8 fetches to go with it's geopedes and lightning bolts also retailing for $39.99. A mono-white deck including a Gideon and a Baneslayer... could this be the dawn of an affordable standard format for everyone? I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

PostSubject: Re: Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND   Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 pm

that'd actually be pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Warren "The Proxy" Hallam

PostSubject: Re: Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND   Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Sam wrote:
A blue control deck featuring a single JTMS and 74 other cheap staple cards retailing for $39.99 for example. A RDW deck featuring the 8 fetches to go with it's geopedes and lightning bolts also retailing for $39.99. A mono-white deck including a Gideon and a Baneslayer... could this be the dawn of an affordable standard format for everyone? I hope so.

Your Prediction

Wizards will accurately anticipate tournament staples months in advance adding chase mythics like gideon or jace which are the only cards that drive continuted sales of weaker sets like WW or Rote AND you'll be able to find any of them at the MSRP in any store anywhere if such inclusions were made.

My Prediction

Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

PostSubject: Re: Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND   Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:11 pm

lol?
Back to top Go down
Thulsa Doom

Thulsa Doom

PostSubject: Re: Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND   Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:46 pm

Can't wait to see the price point on these and the deck lists. I'm sure they will be around $40- $50 each but they will only be a bit better than a standard pre-con deck.
Back to top Go down
Sipherus

PostSubject: Re: Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND   Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:05 pm

Glad to know someone else has seen UHF and understands that quote.
Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND   Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:03 pm

Wheel

Of

Fish!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND   Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND Empty

Back to top Go down

Tournment Staple Pre-Cons EVERYBODY GETS A JUND
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
abbycardshop :: Games :: Magic the Gathering-
Jump to: