abbycardshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abby Sports and Collectibles

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deck and Strategy

Go down 
+8
Guitar Hero
Mythic Matt
Sam
Jinzo
Warren "The Proxy" Hallam
Brandon C
Jay
Quarrios
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam

Deck and Strategy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:32 am

Searing Blaze is an awesome spell, definitely an upgrade over Burst Lightning in a Boros agro deck.
Back to top Go down
deathspawn54

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:20 pm

hey guys im new to the forms and have never played at the store before but my friend told me about this place so i figured i would check it out. i was wondering what you guys thought about my blue white deck. i dont have alot of newer cards to work with so i went with the best i had.
NON-CREATURE
White:
righteousness
x2 path to exile
luminarch ascension
Blue:
x2 essence scatter
x2 negate
x2 paralyzing grasp
x4 cancel
Both:
x4 crystallization
CREATURES
White:
shepherd of the lost
Blue:
djinn of wishes
x2 air elemental
mind control(yea i know but it counts to me)
x2 aether figment
x2 tempest owl
phantom warrior
rite of replication(again i know)
summoners bane(again i still know)
living tsunami
Both:
x3wall of denial(i need one more.)
gwafa hazid, profiteer

lands: 4 terramorphic expanse 3 fieldmist borderpost 11 island and 6 plains

Last edited by deathspawn54 on Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quarrios
Quarrios

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:43 pm

(First of all, welcome to the boards from the Q. Craziness ensues here: you've been warned.)

Blue with white? It is a good start, I think. How has it worked for you?

Back to top Go down
deathspawn54

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:53 pm

funny you asked i havnt yet played with it yet. i just made it yesterday and havnt gotten to a store to test yet Razz i know i need one more wall of denial and its done..until i can get better cards to put in...

edit: could you tell me when ASC is open during the week?
Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

PostSubject: (Moving to Deck and Strategy)   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:36 pm

I've built a white weenie deck for post rotation I think I'll be taking to champs on the 2nd...

what do you guys think?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/wrw-w-infect-option/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Ummm...well...uhhhh

It looks lumpy as fuck, you're gonna draw into hands full of gear, hands full of prot spells and hands full of weak ass creatures.

The synergy is all over the place, not to mention with that infect equipment if you've already done 18 points of regular damage and then throw that on it's like starting back at zero, I get where you're going with that to try and give your things wither but still seems ugly. I mean one source of infect? I can you see you trying for the hail mary duelist into brave wombo combo haymaker but goddamn.

Just really low threat density.

Also whisper silk cloak? You just went full retard.

Last edited by Warren "The Proxy" Hallam on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:45 pm

The other option is this R/U Kiln Fiend Deck...

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ru-fiend-aggro/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:48 pm

I'd recommend taking something like valakut ramp that is still largely intact rather then some crazy home brew
Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:51 pm

Thanks Warren, wanna lend me $200 for 4 primeval titans?

Shall we just give up? wait for the pros to make something?

I actually quite enjoy trying to make 'home brew' decks. I don't much enjoy your biting criticisms and lack of helpful suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:54 pm

I've made a bunch of decks, if you go here and look at "post rotation ideas" you can see them.

http://tappedout.net/users/guitarhero/mtg-deck-folders/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 11:55 pm

Relax man it's all in good fun, besides I've seen you rag on your share of shitty decks. What I'm saying is you're way better off to make minor modifications to update a current deck if you're planning to win. If you think you can break the format in a week hey man all the more power to you.
Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:02 am

just help me fucktard. its what i asked for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:04 am

Try an elves deck, I was talking to people on mtg salv. about genesis wave the other day and at least it gives you a loose guideline to follow. Have as few spells as possible, decide on an optimal number you want to cast the wave for, one that will ensure you won't whiff
(i'm wary of monument for this reason as it hikes the x count up to 8 where the majority of your cards are going to be 1-4 cc but it's a great finisher so who knows)
Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:29 am

Here's a go at elves Warren, Aiming for x=5 Genesis. altho 4 would be allright too.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/genesis-elves/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:21 am

Looks like a good start here are my first impressions

- Planeswalker count looks a little low, go 2 each maybe

- Eldrazi seem iffy, running one is sketchy but it's going to be dead draw often if we have 2-3 also it's gonna whiff on the wave 90% of the time and if we have accesses to that much mana we're probably already in a position to win. Not to mention we can't even cycle it with the shaman because it'll put our vengvines back into our deck. I'd cut it.

- Ezuri is definitely worth running two maybe even three, I'd say his trample ability is our most reliable win con

- Traditionally I like warcaller but he's being put directly into play if we hit him off the wave and ripping a 1/1 we can't kick off the top seems loose. Is his ability good enough to justify running him anyway? If we wave and hit 4 lands being able to kick this guy from our hand next turn could be huge, having some sort of a mana sink will be useful for when we hit more land then creatures off a wave.

- Same thing with fauna shauna, vengvine trick is cute and she is an elf I'm just not sure if she has a place here, I mean turns 1-4 we wanna be dropping ramp like a boss so if we drop her turn 2 what are we going to cycle out of our hands? We wanna be laying down the infrastructure for our ramp so we might not even have a loose forrest to tap to cyle with as a turn 3 garruk or nissa seems stronger Late game she could be useful if we wanna grab big beaters, but big beaters = potential whiffs on wave. I mean she does let us grab Ezuri or an arch druid, yeah I dno man she's got potential I dno what to think

-Ascetism, Hmmm Ezuri is already giving us access to regenerate and our biggest threat is aoes which this offers us no protection to, feels like a cut to me. Monument would offer us aoe protection and rfg effects are becoming more scarce so again needs some tweaking there, could have a spot in this deck.

- Tangle worm seems amazing here. Just a solid win con like Ezuri. Maybe bump him up to 2

- I've found oran reefs can be tempo killers when you drop T1 llanorwar and then t2 reef. could keep us off a T2 arch druid / ezuri / mul channelers, which would suck. But on the other hand it does let you buff a retarded amount of tokens from walker, and everything off the wave, maybe make it a 2 of.
Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:45 am

my last one :

a sincere attempt at G/W. Go with the Kozilek spike or no?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gw-post-rotation/
Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:50 am

Warren: all the one ofs are legendary. you really wanna hit 2 garruk's on a wave? I don't.

Fauna shaman's tutor the 1 ofs as well. They are awesome.

With all the ramp after a wave kozilek will be easy to cast.

I think the war callers are great combo with the oran riefs. even just one counter on him makes everyone bigger. hitting 2 on a wave and then bufffing seems awesome. also garruk combos well with the oran riefs. it;s gotta be 3 riefs for sure.

Ill drop the ascet. add 2 monuments.

The monuments really want mitotic slime though. So ima drop 2 warcallers for 2 slimes.

Last edited by Guitar Hero on Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:50 am

I just think any deck running vengvine / shaman package is going to want to stay away from using eldrazi. Not to mention without significant ramp they seem cumbersome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:52 am

you don't have to cast them, and with a garruk and nissa out our token production is incredible. When I used to watch wildman play his elves any game where he had both of those in play at the same time was an auto win.

I mean at X4 we're only drawing 4 cards, the odds of us hitting doubles if we're running two of each seems extremely low to me.

I'd say

2 garruk
2 nissa
2 Ezrui

I mean if we have channalers up we can even get a glimpse at the first card
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:56 am

You have ink to proxy this thing up tonight?
Back to top Go down
Thulsa Doom

Thulsa Doom

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:56 am

I was kind of hoping for more older rare cards from Mirrodin to be re-printed. 1 or 2 more would have been nice. The new Masticore creature card isn't nearly as good as the Razormane from 5th Dawn or the original Masticore from Urzas.

Don't think I will be buying alot of this set.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:59 am

We could almost run oracle to help ensure we like what's on top and remove lands from the top if we're about to wave. Also they synergize with mul daya channlers to give us mana if we need it or a bigger beater if we don't.

It's loose but I typed it out anyway lol.

Also I saw that little blurb on your tap out page about deck thinning with fetch lands and I very clearly remember you busting my balls about leaving 3-4 of my fetches uncracked to ensure landfall triggers when i was playing your boros against Sam, you did like a total 180, made me laugh.

Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 7:17 am

I've proxied a new red deck to test out. It contains 16 cards from SOM, but 12 of them are common and the other 4 are uncommon so it shouldn't be hard to assemble in a hurry.

Sideboard is a work in progress though.
Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:42 am

I dropped the eldrazi and the shamans in favor of 2 more walkers 2 more win cons and an extra land.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/genesis-elves/
Back to top Go down
Brandon C

Brandon C

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Elf deck's starting to look pretty sweet. With the threat density of Vengevines/Channelers/Tanglewurm/Monument/kicked Warcaller/Genesis Wave/Planeswalkers it's one of those "Oh Shit!" decks where any of those cards on their own can easily become must-answers or your opponent will lose quickly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck and Strategy   Deck and Strategy - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Deck and Strategy
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next