abbycardshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abby Sports and Collectibles

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Warhammer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer   Warhammer EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 11:10 am

I have a Warhammer Fantasy Lizardmen Army for sale:

includes:

1 older Lizardmen Codex (I have the new one and will photocopy all relevant pages for you-there were very few changes)
1 skink priest (hero) (retails $12)
2 Metal Temple Guard (new in blister packs. easy conversions to heroes)
6 metal kroxigor (1 fully painted, 3 semi painted, 2 new in blister packs) (retail @ $12 each)
1 metal salamander + skink crew (new in BP) (retail $35)
over 16 Saurus warriors (assembled and primed - need bases) These are Core units - the base of Your army.
over 40 skinks - about 30 painted - all others assembled and primed. These are Core units - the base of Your army.
2 jungle swarms (assembled and primed)
Huge box of Bits (for conversions - and there's atleast a few guys in there including a cavalry guy (hero?).
1 seriously awesome proxy stegadon made of lego. you'll never have to buy a real one for $60!
3 proxy salamanders.
I could throw in some paints to get you started, maybe some glue or summat.
I am probably forgetting some...

This will make - at the very least - a 1000 point army (probs more like 1500+ and is a great start for anyone interested in getting into warhammer.

This lot would retail for well over $200 new. However, many of the figures are now older versions (a bit like magic with reprints that have new art). I would like to get $100 for it, but I'd rather see it go to someone I know-- so anyone interested and replying here can snag it for $80--or trades?? I'd take a Jace, The Mind Sculptor for 'em.

Josh and I are starting a group that will play at his place here in Abby and it'll be awesome to get more people into it.

I am keeping 2 armies (my other Lizardmen and Empire. Josh now has goblins, dwarfs and empire).

Back to top Go down
Brandon C

Brandon C

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:46 pm

What is the "strongest" (most OP) army in Warhammer? Also is there any limitation on the size of your army?

Like could I just pay some kid to paint me up 100,000 figures and just show up with a million point army or what?
Back to top Go down
Sipherus

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:11 pm

Sure you could. If for some god-forsaken reason someone else had a million point army. During a match you and your opponent would have matching army sizes(points wise). I have a 1500 point goblin army currently.
Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 12:47 am

Josh is right, you typically match points costs.

to answer your question though Brandon. Whichever Army's Codex was most recently printed is typically the strongest, as there is a consistent and considerable power creep in Fantasy Warhammer. Especially after a big change in rules: 8th edition.

Soo... Right now High elves are the most OP (and the most expensive cuz theyre brand new). but after that its beastmen, skaven, lizardmen. They do try to even it out but... you know... I haven't done much research. you could find out more than this very quickly...

but Lizardmen are very strong right now. I slaughtered Josh's gobbos on Friday Night.
Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 4:34 am

So.

I actually went through the models I am willing to part with and here is a much more specific and accurate list:

HERO - 1 mounted Saurus cavalry model (a musician) - easy to convert into a Lord. CONSTRUCTED AND PRIMED
HERO - 1 skink priest CONSTRUCTED AND PRIMED
HERO - 1 Temple Gaurd Standard Bearer - essentially he IS a Battle Standard Bearer. NEW IN BLISTERPACK

RARE - 1 salamander hunting pack NEW IN BLISTERPACK

SPECIAL - 6 Kroxigor - 1 fully painted - 3 partially painted - 2 NEW IN BLISTERPACK

CORE - 2 Jungle Swarms CONSTRUCTED AND PRIMED
CORE - 16 Saurus Warriors (including standard) - the musician from the temple guard blisterpack makes it 17.CONSTRUCTED AND PRIMED
CORE - 25 Older version skinks Constructed, painted and flocked
- 10 Older Version Skinks CONSTRUCTED AND PRIMED
- 21 New Skinks CONSTRUCTED AND PRIMED

PROXY RARE - 1 seriously awesome proxy stegadon made of lego. you'll never have to buy a real one for $60!
PROXY RARE - 3 Proxy Salamanders - an adequate representation mounted on the right size base

BITS - Including 2 New Saurus warriors (easy converts to heroes) , 3-4 new skinks, hundreds of arms, shields spears as well as bases.

PAINTS - I would be happy to throw in some paints and supplies as well as my advice and expertise whenever needed.

ARMY BOOK - I will include the older version of the Lizardmen book, with photocopies of the newer relevant pages if necessary (you can torrent it obviously).

The total army size is 1500+ without the proxies. Adding them takes it up over 2000.

An amazing starter army for anyone interested.

This lot would sell for AT LEAST $350 and more like $400 new. I am still willing to part with it for $80. firm.

I also have 2 very special Heroes that were lovingly converted and painted by myself. Dozens of hours of meticulous work went into these and it would be very hard to part with them. I would be open to negotiations on them with the buyer of the lot. Somewhere in the neighbourhood of $25 each.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warhammer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhammer   Warhammer Empty

Back to top Go down

Warhammer
Page 1 of 1