abbycardshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abby Sports and Collectibles

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Artifact U

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sam

Artifact U Empty
PostSubject: Artifact U   Artifact U EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Ok deckbuilders, once again I am excited about Grand Architect. I am convinced there is a powerful mono blue artifact deck available in standard.

The blue creatures:
Enclave Cryptologist
Riddlesmith
Trinket Mage
Grand Architect

The artifact creatures:
Memnite
Molten-Tail Masticore
Wurmcoil Engine

Cryptologist can quickly begin cycling your hand to draw you into your threats and at the same time fill your graveyard with fodder for your masticores. She only costs 3UUU to turn into a draw engine that will negate the masticore's drawback. She should be safe to level up as your opponents should be spending their removal on your architects and artifact creatures.

Riddlesmith fills a similar role to cryptologist, cycling and filling your yard, but he does it for FREE. He can also be a decent beater with some architect buffs.

Trinket Mage searches for memnites and chalices. These are good cards to discard if you have an active Masticore and the chalices provide an alternate source of ramp if you have no architects.

Masticore can hit play on turn 3 often, either via architect and tapping 2 blue creatures, or by casting chalice for 1 on turn 2. If you untap with him he is very hard to remove. He can swing for 4 (5+ if you turn him blue) and ping for 4 (if you dissed a creature) on turn four. Keep in mind that the 4 damage can be directed at planeswalkers.

The rest:
Everflowing Chalice
Mana leak
Stoic Rebuttal

Counters and ramp.

Maybes:
Brittle Effigy
Lodestone Golem
Kuldotha Forgemaster
Lighthouse Chronologist
Mindslaver
Prototype Portal
Back to top Go down
Brandon C

Brandon C

Artifact U Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artifact U   Artifact U EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:42 am

Yah this looks pretty solid. I agree that Grand Architect looks like he has major potential.

There are a few threads with similar builds on MTGSalvation forums, I think a few of them are running Ratchet Bomb/Mimic Vat but the general idea is the same.

Powering out a T3 Wurmcoil Engine is pretty terrifying!

Have you tested this at all yet? What are the bad matchups?
Back to top Go down
Sam

Artifact U Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artifact U   Artifact U EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:19 am

Artifact U

I played this version with Adam and Warren last night and it worked surprisingly well. It's mostly 4-ofs for now to get a better idea of what works and what doesn't. Masticore and Wurmcoil Engine are each strong enough to win games on their own and they can be hard to remove. Brittle Effigy tutored by Trinket Mage exceeded expectations. Counter magic was cut because I wanted to pretty much drop my hand on the table by turn 3-4 to maximize the effect of a big colourless beater.

This deck fears Revoke Existance, which might begin to see sideboard play now that ramp decks are starting to use the Wurmcoil Engine. Adam casting Memoricide twice on me was pretty funny, leaving me with nothing more fearsome than a 2/2 in my deck.
Back to top Go down
Brandon C

Brandon C

Artifact U Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artifact U   Artifact U EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:34 am

Hah, Memoricide sounds brutal here for sure.

Chimeric Mass might be worth considering here as a 1-2 of. Being able to potentially drop a HUGE Everflowing Chalice with the Architects ability, and then tutor up Chimeric Mass with Trinket Mage seems really good. It survives sweepers and is practically free to activate. Although I suppose you have no shortage of finishers either.

Sounds like a good game plan though. Being able to get big beaters out that early can make for an easy victory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Artifact U Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artifact U   Artifact U Empty

Back to top Go down

Artifact U
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
abbycardshop :: Games :: Magic the Gathering-
Jump to: