abbycardshop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abby Sports and Collectibles

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The new razor Boomerang

Go down 
+2
Guitar Hero
Sipherus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sipherus

The new razor Boomerang Empty
PostSubject: The new razor Boomerang   The new razor Boomerang EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:13 pm

The new razor Boomerang New_ra10

Is it better or worse than razor boomerang.
Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

PostSubject: Re: The new razor Boomerang   The new razor Boomerang EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:48 am

WAY better.

this is actually playable in limited, whereas razor boomerang is horrible no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

PostSubject: Re: The new razor Boomerang   The new razor Boomerang EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:31 pm

drawing 3 cards is no fucking joke.
Back to top Go down
Warren "The Proxy" Hallam

PostSubject: Re: The new razor Boomerang   The new razor Boomerang EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:27 pm

I would still never play this even in limited, 6 mana to "potentially" draw 3 cards.

If you miss the flip twice you just payed 10 mana for nothing. If your opponent has any sort of board presence at all you could be dead before you even get your cards.
Back to top Go down
Guitar Hero

Guitar Hero

PostSubject: Re: The new razor Boomerang   The new razor Boomerang EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 1:46 pm

its bad, don't get me wrong.

but it's better than razor boomerang.
Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: Re: The new razor Boomerang   The new razor Boomerang EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:02 pm

This card is very powerful in limited, where card draw is at a premium. I would pick this card highly.

You can't really count this card as CMC 6, it's more like a leveler in that you can try and draw three cards whenever you have 2 mana open, except it's INSTANT SPEED.
Back to top Go down
Warren "The Proxy" Hallam

PostSubject: Re: The new razor Boomerang   The new razor Boomerang EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 8:23 pm

With a 50% fail rate. Remember this guy;

Card Name:
Mysteries of the Deep
Mana Cost:4U

Types:
Instant
Card Text:
Draw two cards.
Landfall — If you had a land enter the battlefield under your control this turn, draw three cards instead.

Mysteries of the deep wasn't particularly good in worldwake limited and it's condition was easier to meet. It's probably just a play style thing but I can't stand cards that can out right fail on you. Magic is random enough already now I'm gonna have to listen people crying about how OH IF ONLY I'D WON THE FLIP I WOULDA DRAWN THREE AND SMOKED YOU ;_;
Back to top Go down
Namemattersnot

Namemattersnot

PostSubject: Re: The new razor Boomerang   The new razor Boomerang EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 10:22 pm

Something to remember is that this can go in any deck, while Mysteries of the Deep put you into blue (not a very powerful color in ZEN-ZEN-WWK draft). So while Mysteries was potentially easier to use for three, a red burn deck might just love this card. Also mysteries can be cast turn 5 (taking your whole turn) while you could draw the cards with this on turn 4 AND do something else that turn.
Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: Re: The new razor Boomerang   The new razor Boomerang EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 5:51 pm

Mysteries of the deep was a great card, resolving it with landfall usually won the game. The problem was that the format was too fast for it, and it was blue, so it didn't fit into most deck archetypes.

The strongbox is even better than mysteries because it is both colourless and cheaper. Paying 2 colourless at the end of your opponents turn to try and draw three is using mana you aren't using anyways and so it is virtually free.

To me this card reads: Pay 4, 50/50 chance to draw an extra three cards on your next turn and every turn thereafter until you succeed.
Back to top Go down
Brandon C

Brandon C

PostSubject: Re: The new razor Boomerang   The new razor Boomerang EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 2:50 pm

Yeah I think this card is pretty decent. I don't know if I'd pick it too highly but I wouldn't mind maindecking it in limited.
Back to top Go down
Namemattersnot

Namemattersnot

PostSubject: Re: The new razor Boomerang   The new razor Boomerang EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:08 pm

This cards value will greatly depend on what other cards there are in the M11 draft format. If there are ways to make flipping a coin less random then this is going to be amazing! on the other side of the coin (see what I did there?) if this is the only card with this mechanic on it (unlikely) it will still be good, just not potentially broken.
Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: Re: The new razor Boomerang   The new razor Boomerang EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:49 am

Hah!

The Flipster 1R
Creature - Goblin
"Tap- If you would lose a coin flip, flip again."
1/1

WELCOME TO THE POKEMON
Back to top Go down
Namemattersnot

Namemattersnot

PostSubject: Re: The new razor Boomerang   The new razor Boomerang EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:14 am

Is this for M11?
Back to top Go down
Sam

PostSubject: Re: The new razor Boomerang   The new razor Boomerang EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:29 am

My imagination.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new razor Boomerang   The new razor Boomerang Empty

Back to top Go down

The new razor Boomerang
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
abbycardshop :: Games :: Magic the Gathering-
Jump to: